Ormesa New Bug Seating System (3-Base Options)
Spunky Italian design isn't just for cars and clothes...the Ormesa New Bug Special Needspushchair offers Moms & kids awesome features! Tilt in space technology, 3 interchangeable bases: 4-wheel base, 3-wheel Jogger & Hi-Low Feeder...and, it comes in green! New Modern Colors and updated sizing allows for more growth. The Ormesa New Bug is a versatile seating system. It is ideal for children with moderate to severe positioning needs. Size one/two for children up to 45 inches tall/ 77 lbs. Size three/four for children/teens up to 69 inches tall and 99 lbs.
- Rigid Backrest, 40 deg. Tilt and adjustable back height.
- Tilt in space seat with adjustable width and depth.
- Headrest incorporated into backrest. Additional positioning headrest available.
- Flip up, Elevating, adjustable footplate.
- Foldable Aluminum Frame with angle adjustable push handle.
- Flat free tires with drum brakes on outdoor models.
- Great positioning accessories available.
- Transport Brackets available on 4 Wheel Base
Looking for ways to raise money for a piece of special needs equipment? Check out the Tadpole Adaptive Registry! It provides powerful tools to help you get the high quality equipment your child needs.
|DIMENSIONS||SIZE 1 - 2||SIZE 3 - 4|
|Seat Depth||7.8" - 11.8"||11.8" - 15.7"|
|Seat Width||7.8" - 11.8"||9.8" - 14.1"|
|Seat Adjustment of Lateral Support||6.7" - 9 .8 "||7.5" - 1 2 "|
|Seat Backrest Height||19.6" - 2 3 .6 "||2 3.6" - 2 9.5 "|
|Seat Backrest Width||14.5 "||18.1 "|
|Seat to Footrest Height||7.8" - 11.8 "||11.8" - 1 5.7 "|
|Seat Folded Dimensionds||34.6" x 13.7 "||38 .9" x 19.6 "|
|Seat Recline||+ 40°||+ 40°|
|Seat Tilt in Space||0° - 2 5 °||0° - 2 0 °|
|Seat Weight||17.6 lb s||26 lb s|
|Capacity||77 lb s||100 lb s|
|4 - Wheel Base Width||22.4"||24.4"|
|4 - Wheel Base Length||27.1" - 37.4"||31.8" - 42.5 "|
|4 - Wheel Base Height||30.7" - 42.1"||35" - 48"|
|4 - Wheel Base Folded Dimensions||3 2.6" x 1 1 . 4 "||3 6.6" x 1 2 .5 "|
|4 - Wheel Base Weight||21.1 lb s||23.1 lb s|
|3 - Wheel Jogger Base Width||24.8"||27.1"|
|3 - Wheel Jogger Base Length||31.1" - 41.7"||37" - 50"|
|3 - Wheel Jogger Base Height||31.4" - 42.5"||35" - 48"|
|3 - Wheel Jogger Base Folded Dimensions||32. 6" x 11.4"||36.6" x 12.5"|
|3 - Wheel Jogger Base Wieght||23.1 lb s||24.6 lb s|
|Hi-Lo Feeder Base Width||25.6"||25.6"|
|Hi-Lo Feeder Base Length||29.5"||29.5"|
|Hi-Lo Feeder Base Seat to Floor Height (min/max)||15.7" -31.5"||15.7" - 31.5"|
|Hi-Lo Feeder Base Folded Dimensions||30" x 26" x 11"||30" x 26" x 11"|
Hi-Lo Feeder Base Weight
|24.4 lb s||27.7 lb s|
Additional information you might find useful...
|Ormesa New Bug Brochure (1.6 MB)||Two page brochure showing features, options, accessories and measurements.|
|Ormesa New Bug Users Manual (3.7 MB)||Detailed User's Manual for the New Bug seat and bases.|
|Ormesa New Bug 2015 Order Form (5 MB)||RETAIL Price List from the manufacturer. Tadpole Adaptive's prices are lower! You may find this beneficial during your decision process. You can also print, complete and fax it to us at 619-881-0044 and we will send you a discounted price quote.|
Questions about the Ormesa New Bug Seating System (3-Base Options) others have asked!
- From Brandy at 3/2/14 11:36 AM
- Can the seat unit without the wheel base be used in the car as a car seat?
- Hello and thank you for your question.
No, the New Bug seat cannot be interchanged as a car seat.
This is a frequent question but when the logistics are broken down, it becomes clear that a combo system never really works.
To secure a seat into a vehicle, significant effort is involved. It would not really be possible to unhook a car seat, lift a child and seat together, and place them on a stroller base. The alternative... what do you do with the child after you take them out of the car seat while you are removing the car seat from the vehicle and securing it onto the stroller.
Separate car seats that are dedicated for use are the most popular. The ones (Columbia and Special Tomato) that are removable and "strollerable" are rarely family favorites due to the logistics discussed above.
Hope this helps.
Craig Rowitz, PT, MPT, ATP
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Maria Fennis Wiegmas at 6/9/14 7:33 PM
Have a question about this product? Post it here and one of our Therapists will answer it for you! Plus others may find your question useful!
ORMESA warrants the product for Two Years from the date of the purchase. Always use original replacement parts or you will risk voiding the warranty.
ORMESA will not be liable for damage in the following cases;
- use by an unsuitable person
- incorrect assembly of parts or accessories
- unauthorized modifications or service
- use of other than original replacement parts and parts subject to wear (upholstery, wheels, etc)
- improper use (such as, transporting objects or loads larger or heavier than those shown in the instruction manual)
- damage caused by incorrect use and lack of regular maintenance, as shown in the instruction manual
- exceptional events
THE GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER WEAR PARTS, which are subject to wear and tear, such as the upholsteries and the wheels.