SideStix Discovery Forearm Crutch
Discovery features carbon fiber lowers with a durable aluminum upper assembly. Aluminum lower tubes are also available. They are a great choice for those with low upper body strength or for outdoors situations where weight is a key issue. The ergonomic angles and grip provide a stable and efficient stride. SideStix are premium lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum “active” crutches with different crutch tips available for different situations. They provide cutting edge mobility choices that enable users to live life to the fullest!
- Currently kids need to be over 4’4” to use SideStix...soon there will be smaller models.
- Perfect for pre-teens because they protect the joints while they are growing!
- Designed by a pediatric therapist and amputee.
- All models feature an ergonomic bike grip handle and forearm that is at 100º rather than 90º for more natural, comfortable support. By corresponding to the shoulder joint SideStix cause less wear and tear and pain.
- Different feet attachments allow traction on all sorts of surfaces you wouldn’t traditionally be able to use a crutch on. For example: On the sand, mud, beach, pool, and even the snow!
*Be sure to watch our video with Sarah, inventor of Sidestix to learn more!
Discovery Pro Features:
- Upper assembly manufactured from 6061 aluminum alloy.
- Featuring Carbon Fibre lower tubes.
- Custom built based on your measurements
- Choice of 3 different cuff styles
- Breaks down easily for travel or storage
- Ergonomic & light weight.
- 7/8 inch tubing enables user replaceable grips.
- Leather cuff pads
- Includes rubber tip adapters & articulating Tornado rubber tips
- Ergon GP1 Biokork grips (adjustable)
- Available in small & large/Small 715g – Large 756g
- Works with SideStix tip accessories, including snowshoes, sandshoes & articualting/rotating foot
- The SideStix tool and an Allen-key are included with your purchase.
[Note: Maximum loading for SideStix Forearm Crutches is 300lbs / 140kgs.]
Looking for ways to raise money for a piece of special needs equipment? Check out the Tadpole Adaptive Registry! It provides powerful tools to help you get the high quality equipment your child needs.
|Description||Approximate User Height||Height Adj. to Top of Handle||Cuff to Handle||Weight Each||Max. Wt Capacity|
|Boundless Standard||4’-6” – 5’-7”||26” – 32”||9”||1.79 Lbs||1.90 Lbs||300 lbs|
|Boundless Large||5’-6” – 6’-2”||32” – 37”||10”||1.89 Lbs||2.03 Lbs||300 lbs|
|Discovery Standard||4’-6” – 5’-7”||26” – 32”||9”||1.58 Lbs||1.72 Lbs||300 lbs|
|Discovery Large||5’-6” – 6’-2”||32” – 37”||10”||1.67 Lbs||1.84 Lbs||300 lbs|
Questions about the SideStix Discovery Forearm Crutch others have asked!
No questions asked yet
Have a question about this product? Post it here and one of our Therapists will answer it for you! Plus others may find your question useful!
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
SideStix forearm crutches and attachments are warranted to the original registered owner, by SideStix Ventures Inc. to be free from defects in materials and workmanship that affect performance under normal use and maintenance, as described below:
- Ergon grips, SideStix grip covers, SideStix soles and Fetterman tips are warranted against manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year, however wear is not warrantable, due to the wide range of usage variables, outside the control of the manufacturer.
- Shock Assemblies and Articulating Rotating Feet are warrantied for a period of two (2) years. However, this warranty applies only if maintenance is carried out as specified in the maintenance manual. The shock absorber assembly and articulating feet attachments contain moving parts and therefore regular maintenance is essential to their correct operation.
- The Forearm, Main Tube and Cuff are covered by a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects which applies only to regular use as an ambulatory aid and only for the original owner.
As its only responsibility, and your only remedy, SideStix Ventures Inc. will furnish a replacement part, without charge for the part only, to replace any part that is found to be defective due to workmanship or materials under normal use and maintenance.