The ASR 2011 Odyssey Tricycle by Freedom Concepts
The Odyssey ASR 2011 Trike has been created with care by adaptive and mobility experts, Freedom Concepts for use by special needs teens and young adults (ages 10+) with a limited range of motion. This semi-recumbent cruiser boasts a stable, stretched, 3-wheel design which will allow those with a limited range of motion to sit with their legs forward, providing increased pedal power and strength. This balance assisting trike is perfect for use by teens and young adults with cerebral palsy, spinal bifida, Down’s syndrome, head injury, autism or muscular dystrophy.
*Low Price Guarantee, Please Contact Us for a Quote or Crowdfund using MobilityFunder™
The ASR 2011 has direct drive gearing and average pedal power to encourage the reciprocal patterning of legs, along with a self-centering spring to promote better hand-eye co-ordination. The option of adding a nexus 8-speed shifter will allow even the most motion-limited individuals to experience the freedom of inclusion during play time and riding therapy.
High ratio side to side searing, a parking/transfer brake, as well as front Vee brakes and rear disk brakes with a customizable brake lever allow for maximum control and maneuverability.
The ASR 2011 comes with impressive 20” never-go-flat tires with aluminum rims.
The low-to-the ground seat design, extended frame and pull away handlebars of the innovative ASR 2011 Odyssey by Freedom Concepts make transfer to and from the trike as easy as can be. The Odyssey ASR 2011’s sliding seat system provides over 7” of movement forward or backward, to comfortably accommodate a wide range of leg lengths.
The ASR 2011’s seat also offers 0-10 degrees of adjustable tilt for added trunk support, along with the option to add any of a wide range of harnesses and targeted supports for the head, trunk and pelvis.
This cool trike comes with secure, Mountain footplates and the option to add various types of footplates to assist in the treatment of heel or plantar flexion.
This trike’s independently adjustable handlebars with cool, telescopic posts will cater to a range of different riding styles and arm lengths.
The Odyssey ASR 2011 also offers the option to add a rear steering system, to assist special needs teens or young adults who require a little extra help while they perfect the art of speeding up and stopping.
This trike also boasts a few features that are purely for fun and a sense of inclusion, such as a squeaky animal horn, a bell and the option of using a combination of vibrant colors in your customized ASR 2011 Odyssey.
Through involvement in the beloved pastime and therapy of cycling, your special needs teen or young adult will experience, possibly for the first time, a true, invigorating sense of normalcy, as well as a miraculous number of physical and health benefits.
Cycling therapy, such as that which the Odyssey ASR 2011 offers, is known to strengthen anti-gravity muscles, improve circulation and range of motion, develop balance and co-ordination and much, much more.
- Available in solid or combo black, light blue, dark blue, navy, grey, yellow, purple, pink, orange, red and black
- Accessories include rear steering extension handle, 4-point chest harness, sun shade canopy, rear steering, adjustable velar occiput support, ratcheting footplates, lateral support system
- Maximum load of 225lbs or 350lbs on the 2011 HD, Inseam Range: 19”-34”
- Semi recumbent cruiser
- stretched, 3 wheel design
- 20” never-go-flat tires
- Aluminum rims
- Direct drive gearing
- Average pedal power
- Option to add Nexus 8-speed shifter for those who need more pedal power
- High ratio side to side steering
- Easy transfer thanks to low COG and pull away handlebars
- Individually adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Sliding seat with 7” movement back or forward
- 0-10 degrees of adjustable tilt in seat
- Mountain footplates with the option of other footplates to help with heel or plantar flexion
- Option to add rear steering
- Front Vee brake and rear disk brakes
- Parking/transfer brake
- Customizable brake lever
- Comes with squeaky animal horn and safety bell