The ASR 16 Odyssey Tricycle By Freedom Concepts
Created with care by adaptive and mobility experts, Freedom Concepts, the ASR 16 Odyssey is their most adjustable cycle, intended for use by special needs children and special needs teens between the ages of 7 and 16 years. This balance assisting trike is ideal for use by children and teens with cerebral palsy, spinal bifida, head injury, autism, downs syndrome and muscular dystrophy. The ASR 16 is perfect for users with limited mobility as the stretched and stable, 3 wheeled design allows the user to sit with legs up and in front of them, for maximum pedaling power, while a self-centering spring will help with hand/eye co-ordination.
*Low Price Guarantee, Please Contact Us for a Quote or Crowdfund using MobilityFunder™
The Odyssey ASR 16 boasts direct drive gearing with average pedal power, which assists with the reciprocal patterning of the legs. Users with advanced mobility limitations will benefit from the optional addition of the Nexus 8-speed shifter.
A parking or transfer brake, Vee brakes in front and disk brakes at the rear, as well as high ratio side to side steering with this trike’s incredible Knuckle Joint steering system, make maneuvering on this trike and absolute breeze.
The ASR 16 Odyssey by Freedom Concepts boasts three durable, never-go-flat tires with cool aluminum rims. The tricycle’s low seating, combined with quick release locks which help the carer to swing trike components out of the way, make for one of the easiest and smoothest transfers around.
The Odyssey ASR 16’s innovative sliding seat offers 7” of movement backward or forward, to comfortably accommodate a wide range of leg lengths and a fast growing child. The seat also boasts 0-10 degrees of adjustable tilt for extra trunk support or preference, along with option of adding any of a number of safety harnesses and supports for head trunk and pelvis, to cater to an astonishing array of unique diagnoses.
What’s more, the trike comes with secure mountain footplates and the option of adding any of an array of different footplates which accommodate users with heel or plantar flexion. ASR 16’s independently adjustable handlebars with cool, telescopic posts will cater to a range of different riding styles and arm lengths.
The Odyssey ASR 16 also offers the option to add a rear steering system, to assist special needs teens or young adults who require a little extra help while they perfect the art of speeding up and stopping.
This trike boasts a few features that are purely for fun and a sense of inclusion, such as a squeaky animal horn, a bell and the option of using a combination of vibrant colors in your customized ASR 16 Odyssey.
Through involvement in the beloved pastime and therapy of cycling, your special needs teen or young adult will experience, possibly for the first time, a true, invigorating sense of normalcy, as well as a miraculous number of physical and health benefits.
Cycling therapy, such as that which the Odyssey ASR 16 offers, is known to strengthen anti-gravity muscles, improve circulation and range of motion, develop balance and coordination and much, much more.
- Available in solid or combo black, light blue, dark blue, navy, grey, yellow, purple, pink, orange, red and black
- Accessories include rear steering extension handle, 4-point chest harness, sun shade canopy, rear steering, adjustable velar occiput support, ratcheting footplates, lateral support system
- Maximum load of 225lbs, Inseam range: 17”-28”
- stretched, 3 wheel design
- 16” never-go-flat tires
- Aluminum rims
- Direct drive gearing
- Average pedal power
- Option to add Nexus 8-speed shifter for those who need more pedal power
- High ratio side to side steering
- Knuckle joint steering system
- Easy transfer thanks to low COG and quick release locks for moving components out of the way
- Individually adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Sliding seat with 7” movement back or forward
- 0-10 degrees of adjustable tilt in seat
- Mountain footplates with the option of other footplates to help with heel or plantar flexion
- Option to add rear steering
- Front Vee brake and rear disk brakes
- Parking/transfer brake
- Customizable brake lever
- Comes with squeaky animal horn and safety bell