FreeWheel Wheelchair Attachment
The FreeWheel Wheelchair Attachment has been expertly designed for wheelchair users with a maximum weight of 280 lbs, to allow them to conquer challenging obstacles which may have seemed impossible to tackle in the past. This durable front wheel, which weighs less than 5lbs, clamps easily onto a manual, rigid-frame wheelchair’s existing footrest, lifting those front castors off the ground and transforming the wheelchair into a lean, 3 wheel, all-terrain machine!
Made from aircraft quality aluminium, the Satisfaction Guaranteed FreeWheel Wheelchair Attachment boasts a patented, strength enhancing design, with no sharp edges to catch on anyone or anything. The precision engineered clamp allows for effortless and extremely secure attachment of the Freewheel Wheelchair Attachment, even where the user has limited hand control. An optional Folding Adaptor can be attached to folding wheelchairs, to allow them to be used with the FreeWheel Wheelchair Attachment. The large front wheel will provide far less resistance than the traditional front castors, allowing the user to self-propel over more challenging obstacles such as curbs, rocks and ramps, as well as rougher surfaces like grass, gravel and sand.
A detent mechanism will keep the wheel stable and immobile unless pressure is applied to release the mechanism. This is a huge convenience in a move-stop-move situation and makes on-the-go manoeuvring that much easier. What’s more, an included, convenient Perch attachment will allow you to quickly and easily secure the FreeWheel Attachment to the back bar of your wheelchair when it’s not in use but you’d like it with you ‘just in case.’
Take your FreeWheel over curbs and ramps. Don't worry about those pesky cracks in the pavement!
Traveling over the grass is a breeze with the FreeWheel attachment!
Enjoy the outdoors going over dirt and trails!
FreeWheel can help you roll over sand raising the casters so your chair is less likely to get stuck.
Enjoy the FreeWheel in the winter months helping you roll over ice and snow.
FreeWheel Wheelchair attachment features:
- Maximum user weight of 280 lbs
- Made from aircraft grade aluminium
- Simple clamp design for quick and easy fitting
- Standard fits on footrest of rigid frame wheelchair
- Folding adaptor available for clamping onto a folding wheelchair
- Large front wheel for minimal resistance over tough obstacles
- Attaches to the back bar of the wheelchair with the included
- Perch attachment Footplates with a height over 4 7/8” will require a custom frame
- Footplates with angles more than 12 degrees will require a custom frame
- Minimum footplate depth of 4”
- Maximum footplate depth of 6 3/8”
- 15 Minute initial installation, just seconds thereafter
Frame/Fork - made from strong, aircraft quality aluminum means your FreeWheel comes with a Satisfaction Guarantee. The unique patented design adds strength and means there are no sharp edges to catch on anyone or anything!
Clamp - the precisely enginereed vise like connection allows you to attach your FreeWheel for a secure fit. Easily operated, even for those with limited hand control.
Wheel - the large front wheel has less resistance than small casters and makes it easier to roll on any surface. Go anywhere. Experience more.
Detent - a funny word, but this mechanism keeps the front wheel straight to improve stability and handling. By applying slight pressure, it will release, allowing you to quickly and easily turn in any direction.
Optional Perch - a great attachment is included to safely and securely lock your FreeWheel on the back of your wheelchair crossbar.
Optional Extras Include:
- Folding wheelchair adaptor
- Off-road wheels
- Full range of spare parts
Included In Your Purchase:
- Optional Perch
Installation & Requirements:
First installation of the FreeWheel Wheelchair Attachment takes about 15 minutes but thereafter, the Freewheel Attachment will clamp on and off in a matter of seconds. A custom frame may be necessary if your wheelchair has a footrest height of over 4 3/4”, while the FreeWheel Wheelchair Attachment may also require a custom frame with wheelchairs that have a fixed footrest angle of more than 12 degrees.
- Wheelchair should have 2.5” of round, horizontal side tubing to be compatible. May be angled, as long as sides are parallel
- Round tubing may be 1 or 1-1/8” in diameter
- Width between horizontal tubes should be 13 to 19”
- Side tubing height should be 6 to 16” for dual footrests and 10 to 16” for a single footrest
- Freewheel clamps onto HITCH
- Easily remove adapter my unscrewing knobs on side tubing
- Maximum height of 4” on a single footrest
- Weight: 3 lbs
Our Freewheel Testimonial:
"There are a lot of products out there for chair users that claim to be a "game changer"... I've tried a lot of them, this one is the real deal. I no longer feel the anxiety of being unable to participate in activities with family and friends at the beach, in backyards, in the mud, during winter or, my bane, gravel! It opens up new opportunities and grants me new experiences and happy memories. Best of all, I can easily attach and take off the Freewheel from my wheelchair, even with my limited hand function. My tip: Keep it in the trunk of your car, you'll be surprised how often you'll use it and open yourself up to random excursions off the beaten path!"
- Andy Huesing, Founder, Tadpole Adaptive/MobilityFunder®