Freewheel Wheelchair Attachment
Mobility. Independence. Freedom.
The FreeWheel Wheelchair attachment gives wheelchair users the freedom and mobility to take on the most challenging obstacles. This durable, lightweight (under 5 lbs.) attachment quickly clamps to your existing footrest and allows you to push over surfaces that would typically be impossible. Once it is attached it lifts your casters off the ground turning your wheelchair into a 3-wheel all terrain machine! A wheelchair attachment option is also available to give users with folding wheelchairs the option to use FreeWheel! The FreeWheel also comes standard with a Storage Perch that allows you to clamp it on the back of your wheelchair for accessible storage.
Made from strong, aircraft quality aluminum means your FreeWheel comes with a Satisfaction Guarantee. The unique patented design adds strength and means there are no sharp edges to catch on anyone or anything!
The precisely enginereed vise like connection allows you to attach your FreeWheel for a secure fit. Easily operated, even for those with limited hand control.
The large front wheel has less resistance than small casters and makes it easier to roll on any surface. Go anywhere. Experience more.
A funny word, but this mechanism keeps the front wheel straight to improve stability and handling. By applying slight pressure, it will release, allowing you to quickly and easily turn in any direction.
A great attachment is included to safely and securely lock your FreeWheel on the back of your wheelchair crossbar.
Take your FreeWheel over curbs and ramps. Don't worry about those pesky cracks in the pavement!
Traveling over the grass is a breeze with the FreeWheel attachment!
Enjoy the outdoors going over dirt and trails!
FreeWheel can help you roll over sand raising the casters so your chair is less likely to get stuck.
Enjoy the FreeWheel in the winter months helping you roll over ice and snow.
FreeWheel Attachment Information:
- FreeWheel is designed to be used on a manual rigid frame or folding wheelchair
- Initial installation may take approximately 15 minutes. After that the FreeWheel clamps on and off in seconds!
- Footrest Height- If the height of your footrest is over 4 3/4" you may require a custom frame
- Footrest Angle- If the angle of your footrest is more than 12º the FreeWheel may not work
Folding Wheelchair Adaptor Specifications:
- Need 2.5” of round, horizontal side tubing to attach Folding Wheelchair Adaptor. May be angled, as long as the sides are parallel
- Round horizontal tubing may be 1” or 1-1/8” in diameter
- Width between horizontal tubing 13” to 19”
- Side tubing height: 2 footrests 6” to 16”. Single footrest 10” to 16”
- FreeWheel clamps on to "HITCH”.
- Easily remove Adaptor by unscrewing knobs on side tubing
- Maximum height 4” on single footrest
- Weight 3 lbs
Our Freewheel Testimonial:
"There are a lot of products out there for chair users that claim to be a "game changer"... I've tried a lot of them, this one is the real deal. I no longer feel the anxiety of being unable to participate in activities with family and friends at the beach, in backyards, in the mud, during winter or, my bane, gravel! It opens up new opportunities and grants me new experiences and happy memories. Best of all, I can easily attach and take off the Freewheel from my wheelchair, even with my limited hand function. My tip: Keep it in the trunk of your car, you'll be surprised how often you'll use it and open yourself up to random excursions off the beaten path!"
- Andy Huesing, Founder, Tadpole Adaptive/MobilityFunder®