SHOWING 16 OUT OF 16 PRODUCTS
You've viewed 9 of 16 products
You've viewed 9 of 16 products
Commercial car seats can be a challenge when your child needs extra support to sit safely. Special Needs Car Seats & Boosters are always the safest option for travel, offering many adaptive models that just might be the solution. Some older children need just a little more than what a standard seatbelt offers. A harness system may help your child stay safe! As children with lots of positioning needs get older and heavier, many parents find themselves considering transporting their child in a customized seating system. We carry a full range of adaptive carseats accommodating riders from small children to adults with utmost safety in mind.
Car Seats have an internal set of harnesses to secure the child in the seat, while the vehicle's seat belt is used to secure the car seat to the vehicle seat.
Booster Seats are designed to raise the child up so the vehicle's seat belt properly secures the child and the booster in place. Many special needs Booster Seats have additional postural supports that provide positioning assistance that must be used at all times with the vehicle's seat belt.
On Tadpole Adaptive, we offer all the top models of Special Needs Car Seats and Transportation Equipment. We feature the Convaid/R82 Pilot. Wallaroo, Convaid Carrot 3 Booster Seat, Special Tomato MPS Car Seat, Thomashilfen Recaro Monza Nova 2 Reha and Defender, the Roosevelt and Churchill Booster by Merrit Manufacturing and the Inspired by Drive Spirit APS Carseat and IPS 2000. We even carry car seats for children with hip spica casts.
Not to worry, at Tadpole Adaptive, we are experts with years of hands on experience to guide you though the decision process. You can contact us and book a time to Talk to a Therapist to help answer any questions that you have.
Explore this category more and remember, if you need help fundraising, consider using MobilityFunder™, our Crowdfunding platform that is free to use, and has no extra fees.
Need some advice or help with your decision? Feel free to reach out to us (these can be tricky).
• Does the user have a medical condition that is hard to accommodate in a typical car seat such as a small infant with a respiratory condition or a young child with a spica cast?
• Are you concerned about how to lift the rider into an adaptive car seat with all of the supports needed?
• Does the user need support for his head or have a hard time being in an upright position?
• Does the rider need to be comfortable in an adaptive car seat for long periods or more for quick trips?
• Do they tend to fall to either side and need extra support to stay centered?
• Is your child’s spine unique and do they have difficulty being comfortable in very symmetrical pieces of equipment?
• What is the rider's current height and weight?
We want all users of adaptive equipment, wherever they are, to have access to our products at the best prices and excellent service. We’ll work with you (at our discretion) to get the items you need if you live outside the USA. Please understand that some brands (like Rifton and Special Tomato) cannot be shipped outside the USA. For restricted brands, we’ll do our best to find you a suitable alternative. Please use this form to contact our team with your inquiry.
*Orders to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam & other US Territories may have additional shipping costs.